Wednesday, September 26, 2007

101 Days ~ Unexpected Awe


How often do you have a moment wherein you are overcome with complete awe? One of those moments when the awe is so great you find yourself incapable of uttering any words. The silence speaks for itself and anything spoken would cheapen or ruin the beauty. I was on my way to work this morning, running through the day's schedule as usual and wondering what was in store for the hours ahead. As I exited the highway, I looked up at this brilliant display. I somehow managed to capture it on my phone (thankfully there were no cars around, and no, I am not in the habit of taking pictures while behind the wheel). When all around me is busy, tiresome and hectic, I am filled at such unanticipated moments with words of rest and assurance ~ Peace, be still. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me all ye who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. ~ Such grace, love and mercy that He softly reminds us of such truth at times when He knows we need those reminders most..

1 comment:

Funderstorm said...

Thanks, I needed that! I can't believe the picture! It never turns out when I take them!!!