Thursday, September 04, 2008

A Long-Awaited Sigh of Relief

While checking my email yesterday after work, I noticed that there was a new one in my inbox from my mother-in-law. Needless to say, friends and family all breathed a sigh of relief as we heard the news we have been anticipating. Short and sweet, here is the email she sent:
Well, my lady friends, I just wanted to let you know that I took my last Herceptin treatment today. The doctor said the year had passed by so fast. I informed him that the speed of the passing year was dependent upon which side of the treatments one was on! Anyway, I wanted to let you know that this phase of my battle is behind me. I want to thank each one of you for supporting, encouraging, and praying for me. You will never know what each of you has meant to my recovery. I feel truly blessed to have had so many in my corner all these months. Thanks again and God bless each of you.
Love, C
I am convinced that I have the greatest mother-in-law in the world. She truly showed her strength during what was an often excruciating season. After this, her second round of cancer, I have more love, respect and admiration for her than ever before (which I didn't really think was possible!). Everyone who knows her is blessed, and praise the Lord for His nearness in the valleys and His presence when a new day finally dawns.

5 comments:

jennypen said...

This post and picture are so touching. What a blessing to have her as your mother-in-law and what a special bond between mom and son.

Amanda said...

such a thoughtful post!

Stephanie Robertson said...

What fantastic news. Amazing how God puts certain people in our lives for just the right reason. B

I will say, however, that my mother in law has already taken the title of world's best mother in law :-) but I guess your entitled to your own opinion on the matter. :-P

Ashley said...

Praise Him!

Amber said...

What wonderful news!