Monday, February 15, 2010

A Somewhat Pointless Post


I must confess...I woke up in a pretty darn sour mood this morning. I'm really only posting to distract myself from work, and to remind myself that snow really is pretty - it really is! Even when you feel like there surely can't be any more of the white stuff than what has already fallen, it's still breathtaking.

I have never been tired of seeing the snow until this morning. As a girl from the south (and one who will always be a southern gal at heart), I have appreciated and enjoyed the snow every year since being in Louisville - playing in it, capturing the beauty on camera, enjoying the dogs' reactions to the powdery fluff....but this morning? Ooooh-wee, was I in a mood when I woke up! I didn't want to go anywhere, do anything, just wanted to stay home in my pajamas with my husband and the pups.





I have caught a little glimmer of why my friends in Michigan and Connecticut get a little tired and down after seemingly neverending months of this... I still want to be grateful for this beautiful season, in awe of the serene beauty surrounding me. But when I have to get up for work while every other school and business in the city seems to be closed, put on a different pair of shoes to trudge through the powder and ice (and yes, there was also ice this morning which definitely didn't help my sour mood), I find myself fighting for joy, struggling to be thankful. Lord, give me a thankful heart, and let me not miss the stunning wonder and beauty of Your handiwork~

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." ~Isaiah 55:10-11


1 comment:

Amber said...

Beautiful pics! Hopefully today is a little easier to not loathe snow in Kentucky. ;)