Monday, January 15, 2007

No - The strings section will not be dressed like Orcs...

~January 19, 2007~
The Lord of the Rings Symphony
performed by the Louisville Symphony Orchestra
~
Aside from weddings and other monumental celebrations I have attended, I don't know when I've been more excited about an upcoming event. I ordered tickets for this the day they went on sale, and I have been waiting in eager anticipation ever since. There was no greater gift I could have presented to my boyfriend on Christmas Day. Considering how significant the Lord of the Rings trilogy has been to us these past three years, I could not imagine a more magical event for us to attend together.

When the cold of winter comes - Starless night will cover day

In the veiling of the sun - We will walk in bitter rain

But in dreams - I can hear your name

And in dreams - We will meet again

When the seas and mountains fall - And we come, to end of days

In the dark I hear a call -
Calling me there, I will go there -
And back again
"The Breaking of the Fellowship/In Dreams" E. Ross


Lay down, your sweet and weary head

Night is falling - You have come to journey’s end

Sleep now,and dream of the ones who came before

They are calling, from across a distant shore.

Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face?

Soon you will see - All of your fears will pass away

Safe in my arms, you’re only sleeping.

What can you see,on the horizon? Why do the white gulls call?

Across the sea, a pale moon risesThe ships have come, to carry you home….
"Into the West" A. Lennox


May it be an evening star ~ Shines down upon you


May it be when darkness falls ~ Your heart will be true


You walk a lonely road


Oh! How far you are from home


Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)


Believe and you will find your way


Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen)


A promise lives within you now


May it be the shadow's call ~ Will fly away


May it be your journey on ~ To light the day


When the night is overcome


You may rise to find the sun


Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)


Believe and you will find your way


Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen)


A promise lives within you now


A promise lives within you now



"May it Be" Enya


Don’t say, we have come now to the end.
White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
And you’ll be here in my arms, just sleeping....


7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Are you KIDDING me? Is there any chance there are more tickets?? I will have to show this to Josh.

Thanks so much for the invite! It came at the perfect time, after my little sisters left and we felt a bit weepy. See you on Thursday!

GloryandGrace said...

I do know that there is a showing on Friday and Saturday--it was originally just on Friday, but they apparently extended the performance to a Saturday one as well. You can always call and find out if there are still tickets available!

Aww...I'm sure it was hard saying goodbye to your sisters... We're looking forward to you guys coming over tomorrow night! Does Texas-style chili sound good to you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Geek! You will be so excited to talk to me about all the new bloggers I found! I have found mommies with babies from China who know about Biblical Wom. and Girl Talk, etc!!

Gretchen said...

Grace -- We may have to check into the Saturday night performance. We have guests Friday, but it sounds WONDERFUL! Chili will be great. I'll bring corn-bread, okay?

GloryandGrace said...

Gret--I hope you got my message!! My boyfriend is running a fever, so we may have to reschedule...He feels so bad because he's ready to meet you guys, but would hate to schedule and then not be able to come. If you guys don't go to the symphony on Saturday, would you want to reschedule dinner for Saturday night?

Eowyn's Heir said...

yeah...I would so totally be there!!

Gretchen said...

Yes, we are still on for Saturday. And I will be making yummy cornbread to bring!