Saturday, July 07, 2007

Food, Glorious Food!

I think it's safe to say that we went all out for the 4th of July celebration. There were only four of us, yet my fiance' managed to buy enough food that would seemingly last until the end of time! My dad came into town for a few days, and one of Bob's closest friends joined us for the royal feast.

The kabobs turned out the best and they were so pretty! Four steaks followed the kabobs on the grill, as well as seasoned corn on the cob. I wish I would have taken a picture of my neighbors' shindig - they were grilling veggie burgers...VEGGIE burgers on the 4th of July! I think that should be outlawed...


And here are the men in all their glory, proudly displaying the fruits (meats) of their hard labor. Don't worry, I didn't just take pictures! I was hard at work on the salad and roasted potatoes. I would have taken pictures, but as you can see from this picture, my kitchen gives off a very odd yellow color...not very pretty... but there is nothing quite like roasting some seasoned red potatoes in a blazing gas oven!


I couldn't resist taking a picture of the girls. Nali hung out on the porch with all of us (probably wondering if she was going to get some extra special treat for good behavior). And where is the other one you ask? See below...Maia gets a little nervous in unfamiliar environments, so she steered clear of the grills and the occasional boom of fireworks nearby.





My fiance' and I are still trying to master the art of self portraits (PandaMom, you are still the queen!) I love this picture I took of us! I would have liked it better if I hadn't crammed my eye up against the side of his face... Oh well, he likes me anyway, lazy eye and all!


My dad and I had a great time together. Neither of us were in the mood to go out and do a ton of things while he was here. We simply enjoyed the time spent together, went out to eat a couple of times, and of course he was able to give some guidance to us newbies at the grill!
But what was for dessert after our magnificent spread on Wednesday? Oh yes, that was all mine. I slaved away for a whole ten minutes on the beauty that is strawberry shortcake. A perfect final touch to a relaxing day of fun and fellowship!











No comments: