Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Double Birthday Wishes

How did my puppy get to be 6 years old???
~



Yes, today we are celebrating the 6th birthday of the one and only Nali Collie. She has brought so much fun, laughter (some at her expense), simple joy, and has been more of a companion than I would have ever anticipated. In some ways, I feel like the time has flown by since the day I peeked into the dirty cardboard box in the WalMart parking lot and saw that irresistible face, and in other ways I can't remember what it was like not having her around. So today my husband and I are reflecting on all of the memories we have had so far with this big dog, and look forward to many more to come! Happy Birthday, Nali Collie, Nali the Melan-collie, Nurse Nali, Old Man, Lazy Susan, Hershey Kiss, Sugar Bun!

And today we also think of and are praying for my precious niece, Isabelle. I cannot believe she is 10 yrs old today! As I think of her, I think of my brother and where he is at currently. We fervently pray for him and everything he is working toward, working to overcome, and we look forward to the day when we are all able to see Isabelle again. Happy Birthday, sweet girl. Your family loves you, and wishes the absolute best for you!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Nali and Isabelle!!

Unknown said...

Such cute pics of Nali! Thinking about the fact that you bought a first aid kit for that dog still makes me laugh. :)
Also, happy birthday Belle!

Terri said...

How sweet!!!!!